Wednesday, January 30, 2008

seeking self

Are you in there?
I used to be so in touch with you
Used to hear your voice everywhere I went
Used to believe everything you said to me

Where did you go?
I know I am busier these days,
And not listening as hard….
But I find myself sitting in the silence, wishing I could hear you

Is it that you think I don’t need you?
Cause, I really do.
I am not the way people think I am
Not so sure of myself as I seem

How can I reconnect with you?
I really want to catch up.
I want to hear what you think of me now…
Want to see where you think I am headed

Can you tell that I am scared of you?
You are my truest reflection
Of what I truly am, and what you say
Could shatter my world if it is not what I expect

You force me to take notice,
Show me what is really there.
I know you are really just a part of me
But, goddess, I need your truth.